Monday, January 18, 2010

CBeebies Bedtime Story


I don't have children, and thus have no excuse for watching CBeebies bedtime stories - but I have, and they are just lovely. On the programs, which run about 4-8 minutes long, some of my very very favorite British actors read children's stories. It's that simple, but it's quite charming. Anyone who's seen BBCAmerica's Sci-Fi Saturday should be familiar with some of the actors: Doctor Who and Robin Hood are both well represented. A selection of links below (all go to YouTube). Recommended for when you need a bit of a cheerer-upper - there's really nothing more comforting than a bedtime story, is there? Probably best for children, but adults can watch, too. I promise.

David Tennant reads Emily Brown and the Elephant Emergency

John Simm reads Bones and the Pigeon Race

Richard Armitage reads I'm Not Going Out There

John Barrowman reads Blot and Og's Monster Party

No comments:

Post a Comment