Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday Links Roundup

Just a few odds & ends from around the web.

St. Martin's Press announces the first adult Sweet Valley High book
(Entertainment Weekly) - Forget Elizabeth (too boring) and Jessica (too irritating) - inquiring minds want to know what happened to Bruce and Lila. (And even Enid!)

Neil Gaiman to write Doctor Who episode
(The Guardian)- Yes, please. I've had that in the back of my head ever since I read this blog entry (scroll down), in which Gaiman rewrites Hamlet's "To be or not to be" in the style of the 10th Doctor.

Top 10 Victorian detective stories
(The Guardian, again) - Okay, I admit that I'm totally unfamiliar with the work of James McGreet, but I can't pass up a list like this. Also, look at the cover of his book - you can judge a book by its cover when it's a totally awesome cover, right? (I wasn't a huge fan of his #4 choice, The Suspicion of Mr. Whicher, sadly. But you know how I feel about #3.)

And for your non-bookish link: Charlie Brooker's hilarious take on how the news covers snowstorms (reposted from Gawker). (This is neither here nor there, but I think Charlie Brooker looks like a cross between Dominic West and Jared Harris. Anyone else?)

No comments:

Post a Comment