Tuesday, December 1, 2009

From NPR: Neil Gaiman Asks: Heard Any Good Books Lately?

First off: I wrote 50,000 words in 30 days. How 'bout them apples?

Due to this semi-crazed November pastime and Thanksgiving, however, I've been pretty remiss about posting. I am about midway through Drood, which I adore, and presumably will be reading faster with my new-found spare time.

I didn't want to wait any longer to post, though, so luckily my mom came through with this link:

Neil Gaiman Asks: Heard Any Good Books Lately? (from NPR)

It's a story by Gaiman about audiobooks, including an interview audiobook reader extraordinaire David Sedaris. Speaking as an owner of the David Sedaris audio box set, I say: nifty. Also, just for the record, Gaiman wrote one of my absolute favorite books of last year, The Graveyard Book. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but it's brilliant. When it was awarded the Newbery Medal, I was all kinds of psyched.

So, there you go. Now back to Drood!

No comments:

Post a Comment